Friday, August 06, 2010

Dream journals and other things

Writing was always a great passion of mine and it was and still is one of the more relaxing activities in my life. However, lately I never seem to have enough time to write even though I know I can do incredible things if I try hard enough. After all, I managed to write a novel in 30 days!! A novel with 52000 words. It still needs some work, but it has a beginning, a middle, and an ending.
Anyway, this is what I remembered today and here I am sitting in front of the computer...writing:-)
Of course now I have a problem, what do I write first??
Should I write about the editing progress of my murder mystery novel, or perhaps the progress of my current novel, or maybe just about the kids and my awesome vaccation in Austria...difficult choice!!

Maybe I'll think about it and start tomorrow with a whole new chapter.

In the meantime I want to share a litte conversation I had with my son this evening.

Shortly before bed time, I found him sitting at the edge of his bed. In his little hands he held a very small German/English dictionary. He asked me for a pencil and I answered that I did not want him to write in the dictionary because it was just for looking up words that needed translating.
He looked at me disapprovingly and with a deep sigh he told me that this was in fact his dream journal.
I was a little taken aback by his words since I did not expect a four year old to know that there was such a thing as a dream journal. Carefully I asked what he intended to do with a dream journal.
"Mami, it's for writing down your dreams!"
Well, that taught me not to underestimate your children.
I have no idea where he heard the term or how he learned what to do with a dream journal, but I love his imagination.
...and by the way, I got him a little notebook and a pen, even though he cannot write!!

No comments:

Post a Comment