Monday, August 23, 2010

A personal valedictory tour of my second home...or is it my third? I think I am loosing track!







England was my home for ten years.
Not as long as Austria, but quite a bit longer then America.

People move around a lot today and I sometimes wonder if they sometimes ask themselves the question:"Where is my home?"

The only thing that comes to mind is a line from a Temptation song, "Papa was a rolling stone, where ever he laid his head was his home".

That is a bit how I feel.

The beds my not always be comfortable, and the pillows not always goose down, but what counts is the fun we have on the journeys.

So here I am, in the lovely Thames Valley...! Last night it was raining cats and dogs. Not unusual for the Island of Great Britain. But that, I think, is also a reason why I love this place. It makes everything look so lush and green.
People might disagree with me on that point, but who cares, I don't have to live here anymore:-)

I used some rare moments of solitude to visit some of my favorite places and took a few pictures along the way.













And on top of all, I got to enjoy some good old Brit Pop acts from the 80s at the Rewind Festival with friends and family:-))

1 comment: