Thursday, September 30, 2010

When you have crazy children, make the most of it!!!

Recognizing the first letter of your own name seems to be a requirement in school...at any age. I am sure there are parents out there who rigorously practice reading and writing with their little ones, no matter what age. I guess everyone wants their little trooper to be a doctor or lawyer one day...nothing wrong with that.

Weirdo!!!
It never really bothered me when Finley´s teacher told me last year that he does not recognize colors.

Let´s be honest. Who needs colors?
And I am not even getting into the topic of letters, let alone words.

Boo
The new teacher brought up the subject of colors again this year and I am thinking, "What is wrong with calling red ´blood´ , and yellow `bumblebee`. Hey, where is your imagination preschool teachers?




Now before I get another talking to about letters and words, which he does not seem to need in his life either, I came up with an alphabet that is more tailored to my "Halloween and all things scary" addicted son.

Watch out Tarantino here comes the king of gore:-)))))

Alien
Bat
Creature
Devil
Evil
Fangs
Ghost
Headless Horseman
Insects
Jack o Lantern
Killer
Lunatic
Mummy
Nightmare
Ogre
Pumpkin
Quicksand
Rat
Skeleton
Tomb
Underworld
Vampire
Werewolf
Xanthippe
Yaws

(Oh, and by the way, yams is apparently an infectious tropical disease. Y is a difficult one to find a scary word)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment